Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Being A Natural Man Starts With What The Natural Is

I sit outside each morning in my shaman coat experiencing Nature all about me: rising sun, setting Moon, birds, wind in the oaks, fog on the land.

Is this all there is to Nature?
I think not.

Sit quietly and look about you, out of doors preferably.  At night when the stars course above is even better.  What do you see?
You see the world on which you live by Nature’s grace.  Above you extend the heavens, the Universe of matter and energy confined by space and time.

Is that all there is to Nature?
I think not.

Space and time… four dimensions.  Quantum physics postulates that the existence of our Universe of matter and energy requires as many as ten dimensions, maybe more.  We are but a piece of something much much more awesome and which we find it difficult to comprehend with the mind.

I postulate that in multitudes of places in our matter-energy-space-time Universe sentient beings evolve that are capable of multi-dimensionality, to experience more than what seems to be all there is.  We as a species are such.  We have grown a part of self that touches the more-than-all-there-is; this is spirit.
What to call this bigger picture?  Ultimate existence?  Larger reality?  Astral plane?  I choose to call it the Natural, Nature in its unlimited fullness.

My intuition feels this rings true.
Yet we have no experience in how to fathom the boundless depth of the Natural.  We have not the talent, at least most of us.  This is foreign territory.  Nonetheless, we “cross over” and go into the fifth and who-knows-how-many-dimensions because we can: in dreams, in moments of exceptional openness, because we are invited.  We’re just not skilled in how to handle it yet.

Sometime in the future, if we survive that long, being in dimensions of the Natural beyond those in which we evolved will be second nature. 
I’m working on that now, and so can you.  I am part of it, the Natural, and so are you.  This is what it means to be a Natural Man.

If this isn’t a “wow!” moment, I don’t know what is.

ƒ
The past two mornings the humidity in the air has hung low over the meadow which I look out upon as the sky lightens with the coming of the sun. The air was thick with fog yesterday morning, almost but not quite hiding the tree-rimmed horizon along the stone wall. This morning the wetness came to ground. As I rose to return to the house, I felt the first hesitant raindrops which progressed to a steady but pleasant light shower as I left for work.
A change in the weather is coming, and this rain is its omen.  It has been warm – unseasonably warm – these past four or five weeks.  This is about to change.  Air cold enough to have some sparkle will be here in a few days much to my delight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment